We begin… Week #1

Photo: desert_dan via Flickr

Here are the rules of this road-trip:

— we’re doing the driving, but all passengers have a say in where we go and how fast we go

— don’t be afraid to speak up and say you need some nourishment or a pit stop

— remember it’s supposed to be fun (as well as educational)

First destination:…

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

The results of our survey showed that 44% of you had never heard of social bookmarking before, so we figured it was a great way to start. Especially as those people who do use it find it incredibly helpful.

In a nutshell, it’s like the favourites section of your computer but 100 times better! You can access your ‘favourites’ on any computer with internet access, and share favourite websites with others. And that’s only the beginning.

Katie has put together a comprehensive wiki page which has everything you need to know about social bookmarking on our wiki for this road trip. Click on the link below.

Before you get the map for your next destination, you must complete the task on the wiki for this week. You can choose between Novice, Apprentice, Practitioner & Expert, depending on your levels of comfort.

Now, in the words of Rihanna, “Shut up and drive!”

13 thoughts on “We begin… Week #1

1. Pingback: Reflections on Connecting East | Tip of the Iceberg

2. First of the tasks. Great idea. Still haven’t got it up and running to be using it effectively. Would be great to get all of my planning team on board and share websites in this way.

3. This was very useful. I have been using delicious personally but not as a social bookmarking tool, great to see what others are into.

4. love delicious! – instead of never being able to find my bookmarks i now have them under useful headings

5. Its very useful to have everything in one place especially as I use more than one computer. It helps me to keep organised because there is so much stuff out there.

6. The first week was great as I already use Facebook to keep track of my 21yr and 22 year olds!
    The instructions ere very clear to encourage all – easy to understand and easily acomplished.

7. This was maybe a tricky one to start with. I am getting it now though. If you were going to do it again maybe start off easier with the avatar one.

Bex

8. I really enjoy delicious, especially reading other people’s choices-great info and opens my mind. Thanks everyone

9. Need to get back on delicious and get my bookmarks more organized, think about other tags to use, and give it a general cleaning up. Facebook is just a way of life. I really don’t know how I would keep track of people these days without it.